1st one is always the hardest...

I got my first car show award last week. Fan Favorite Import. It meant a lot not just because I won, but all of the proceeds were given to the American Diabetes Association. Those were two things on my list of things to do in my life, win a car show and help a larger cause with my car. I've always been amazed how people can be drawn into doing something like that just because of what's going on around them. To further explain what I'm trying to say: A celebrity can host a charity event or product, promote it; and all of a sudden there are people jumping all over it, pouring money into the cause. Example: Lance Armstrong "Livestrong" rubber bracelet, think about it...you wore one, I wore one, people still wear them today. You can't walk down the street without still seeing one. Some people bought one just because everyone else had one, but the beauty of this is the big picture, a portion of every bracelet sold was donated to cancer research.
I like being able to know that I could help such a cause, not to pat myself on the back, but to look around later and see results. I look forward to doing something like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment