KA24DE Removal

Yes! It's finally out. I woke up this morning feeling determined to get this thing out. I was tired of looking at it with my SR sitting almost ready to be implanted. Now that it is out, I can continue to clean the engine bay and prep it to be painted. I only got a couple of pictures with my phone because I forgot my camera at home, and I removed it alone so I did not want any accidents to occur. I will get some better shots of it tomorrow. It was a very smooth removal. I was nervous because I had never removed a motor before, especially by myself. It only took about 2-3mins after getting the chain wrapped and secured to remove it. The only thing that I messed up was I forgot to drain the trans fluid, so as soon as the motor was lifted there was a pool of trans fluid all over the floor. It looked like I was performing emergency surgery, removing a vital organ from the paitent and then blood splattering everywhere. It is amazing how heavy that motor was, it looks like the car raised 2-4inches after it was taken out. Anyways here are the pictures. (like I said before, better pics tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment